Blog # 1

 "USA, Land of Limitations" by Nicholas Kristof

Argument:
The reading talks about the struggles that Americans face. The struggles mentioned are unavoidable. Kristof mentions this man named Rick who lived a tough life. Rick had no control over what had happened to him. Rick made some bad decisions but couldn't help where he came from. Kristof wrote this reading to raise awareness about people like Rick. He wants presidential candidates to talk about this and the struggles that people face. However, not just any struggles. These struggles include poor families who physically can't get by no matter how hard they try. I inserted a few pictures that bring this idea further. One shows the difference between poor and rich workers. The other picture I added is a wheel of daily struggles for someone who is poor. I also attached an article proving this point further. The article below strings along with the argument presented in Kristof's reading. People shouldn't blame the poor. I personally cannot wrap my head around this idea. One part of the article states "I grew up poor, but I worked hard and I made it. If other people tried, they could too ." This is the problem with people today. Poor people are going through more struggles than the average income American. Some poor people may have grown up in a poor family which leaves them with less of an opportunity. Yes, some poor people may not be trying. However, that is not always the case.
                                                                                                                                   






Why are people so quick to judge? We should all put ourselves in someone else's shoes. If this was actually possible would you?


















https://www.zerodayfinance.com/why-do-we-always-blame-the-poor

Comments

  1. Laura, Your graphics are powerful! It is so frustrating that so many people cannot begin to understand what it is like to be poor. You do a nice job illustrating the problem in such a small space!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #4

Blog #6